As of today, June 27th, 2020:
Aurora Kids is open with small class, camp and clinic sizes. Face masks are now required for all adults. Temperature checks for kids before participating as well as hand washing before entering the gyms.
COVID-19 Information Resources:
If you need information, a good source is the Centers for Disease Control:
Aurora Kids’ Enhanced Operations:
Here is what is currently underway at Aurora Kids Gymnastics so that families can be assured that our facility continues to maintain high standards related to the health and wellness of staff and families.
We have increased cleaning procedures, including:
- We are deep cleaning our gymnastics equipment 2x per day and wiping down high contact surfaces after each class.
- During open hours, staff are frequently wiping down touch screens, counters, door handles and other surfaces.
- Sanitizer has been placed in our stationary hand sanitizer stations to disinfect your hands.
- We are mounting spray bottle holders with disinfectant and towels all throughout the facility. We’ve added disinfecting wipes in canisters in both lobbies and encourage families to use them generously.
- We are encouraging everyone to wash their hands immediately before and after class.
- We are removing communally touched items from the lobby, such as books and toys.
- We are temporarily removing musical instruments from classes.
- We are disinfecting the balls in Parent Child classes after every class.
- We will be having open gym during the week.
- Our Fall class schedule and online registration will be available June 28th. We have added more classes throughout the day to help with whatever Anchorage School District decides will be their schedule. We have spread classes out to decrease lobby crossover and moved the lobby furniture. We will continue to run smaller classes. We have reformatted our lesson plans to decrease contact and increase cleaning ability.
Aurora Kids’ Sick kid policy:
As always, if anyone in your family is sick or potentially sick, please call out of class. We will do our best to accommodate everyone as best we can for make-ups. We take cold and flu seriously as well as this new virus. We will continue to do everything we can to continue to be as germ free as possible. We appreciate your help and support. We will do our best to continue running classes.
We understand that families will need to make choices about their participation. Please continue to support us as much as you can. We depend on and appreciate your business.
Please call us if you have questions or concerns. We will keep you posted with updates.